Feb 5, 2008

More Pool Session Fun!

This was pretty funny. I was swimming around with my camera last Sunday at the pool session and decided to see if I could get the video function to work. I'm not really conversant with that particular function, but it is fun for rolling, so I was trying.

Here goes Minh! (btw these seem to be hanging up - just hit the play button a couple times, and if it stops hit the pause button, it'll go again)


So that worked. Now Stevie has been doing wonders teaching people this year (I swear, he's barely in his boat) and among others, vice-commodore Pete has made incredible progress.

So, hey, Pete, howsabout a roll for the camera?


What happened there? Well, I'll tell you what happened. I was expecting to record one nice no-fuss no-muss roll for Sebago blog-sterity.

I was not expecting him to keep going!

And kayaks don't roll in one spot - no, they travel. And Pete is a big, powerful guy & all the sudden he was looking more like a steamroller than a kayak roller, and - well, you heard my little "EEEK!" as I realized he wasn't stopping! Like I said, I actually put my foot up on the back deck to let him know I was there.

We did do a redo but this one was funnier, so there it is.

After that, I just got silly.


Fun session.

We have definitely got a number of folks who've got it going on with the rolling!

And Stevie's collecting kayak karma points galore.

(p.s. - Adele, we missed you! Hope you're feeling better!)

No comments: